Irvine real estate is a smart investment if you’re looking to purchase a home in Southern California. Homes for sale in Irvine CA hold their value well and offer homeowners a wide variety of perks from top-rated schools to unbeatable neighborhood amenities like open space, parks, and convenient shopping.
There are dozens of unique neighborhoods to choose from within Irvine, all master-planned to perfection. If you’re looking to purchase with a budget of $700,000 to $800,000, here are the best communities to start your search. Inventory moves quickly in these neighborhoods so if you find something you like, be ready to move fast!
Homes for sale in Portola Springs
Portola Springs is a Village of Irvine and is considered among the greatest. Featuring a new high-tech elementary school, community center, sports park, and tons of brand new trails winding through the Northern Irvine Open Space Preserve, the community is extremely popular among homebuyers. Portola Springs is a great place to search for new homes for sale in Irvine because it was one of the most recent villages to be completed. That also means you are going to have Mello-Roos taxes if you decide to buy in this neighborhood, so be sure to consider that in your overall homebuyer budget.
Things to do in Portola Springs:
- Visit a hidden historic site – It turns out, Portola Springs is home to quite a bit of historically significant land in Orange County. From the Portola Springs Community park it’s just a quick jaunt to a small hill with a monument to Gaspar de Portolà, the first European explorer of California.
- Explore Irvine’s “Grand Canyon”. The community of Portola Springs backs up to Limestone Canyon, which is like a mini-Grand Canyon. Including a lush canyon full of thick oak woodlands, year-round springs, and the Sinks, the area is popular among hikers, mountain bikers and all nature lovers.
- Check out Portola Springs Community Park. In 2019, a 32-acre hilltop park and community center opened in Portola Springs. With everything from community classes to countless views, the park feels more like a private club than a public park.
Portola Springs real estate trends
(zip codes 92610, 92618)
Looking at the stats for Portola Springs over the last year, inventory is down 21.2% but sold properties are up 63.5%. Despite a shortage of homes for sale, this local market is hot! That means that if you’re in search of a home in Portola Springs, you’ve got to move quickly before you miss it.
For sale in Portola Springs for $700-$800K
Offered at: $700,000
3 Beds | 3.5 Baths | 1,513 Sqft.
110 Firefly, Irvine 92618
This detached home by California Pacific Homes is in pristine shape and features tons of builder upgrades. Enjoy peaceful views of the hills from the master suite and access to some of Irvine’s best schools including Portola Elementary, Jeffrey Trails Intermediate, and Portola High School.
Homes for sale in Woodbridge
No matter what your homebuyer budget, Woodbridge is a top neighborhood in Irvine with some of the best selection of homes for sale you will find on the market. One of the older and more established communities of Irvine, Woodbridge spans 1,700 acres with tons of amenities for residents to enjoy throughout, most notably, the two lakes and beach clubs.
Divided into two residential segments called North Lake and South Lake, Woodbridge real estate is largely New England Cape Cod style which gives the community a seaside feel. A tight-knit community, Woodbridge is defined by summer concerts in the park, a big 4th of July celebration, and various other local events throughout the year.
Things to do in Woodbridge:
- Spend an afternoon at the Woodbridge Village Center – Thanks to a recent $30 million remodel, the Village Center is cooler than ever. Enjoy dinner at a new restaurant while enjoying views of the lake or take the kids for a play date in the expanded center courtyard.
- Go big on July 4th – Neighbors and friends gather every Independence Day for a festival and fireworks special at the South Lake Beach Club. Wristbands required to enjoy the carnival, bingo, boat races and more. This celebration is no joke!
- Visit the lake any time of the year – North and South Lake provide residents with fun all year long including boating, fishing and swimming at the beach club.
Woodbridge real estate trends
(zip codes 92614, 92604)
Although the holidays are often a slow time on the real estate market, Woodbridge certainly isn’t. Despite low inventory, sales have gone up 91.3% year-over-year according to data from Trendgraphix. The entire Irvine real estate market is hot and expected to continue in 2020. With only 48 homes for sale in the month of December, inventory in this coveted neighborhood is extremely limited.
For sale in Woodbridge for $700-$800K
Offered at: $720,000
3 Beds | 2.5 Baths | 1,406 Sqft.
226 Greenmoor, Irvine 92614
This Woodbridge townhome features an extra-large private patio and mature garden with avocado, lemon, banana, and pomegranate trees. Updated with double-pane windows and wood floors, the home includes upstairs laundry, high ceilings, and no Mello-Roos taxes!
Homes for sale in Woodbury
Woodbury is a master-planned Irvine Village consisting of 4,155 homes, townhomes and condos, built starting in 2004. Located from Irvine Boulevard to Trabuco Road, between Jeffrey Road and Sand Canyon, the community is located just across the 133 toll road from the Great Park neighborhoods. Residents enjoy resort-style amenities including; 14 parks, seven pools, a recreation center, tennis courts, basketball courts, sand volleyball courts, tot lot, and picnic areas. Architectural styles vary slightly throughout the neighborhoods and include Italian inspired Provence and Tuscan, Spanish inspired Monterey and Santa Barbara, as well as formal Italian and French.
Things to do in Woodbury:
- Visit the Woodbury Town Center – Convenience is key in Irvine! Not only does the Town Center have everything you need from the gym and grocery stores to food and banks, but it also plays host to events nearly every month. CPR classes, bike workshops and casino night are just a few of the upcoming events for local residents.
- Hang out at the Recreation Center – Centrally located next to the community park and Elementary School, the Woodbury Recreation Center includes 3 pools, BBQs and fireplace, 4 tennis courts, 1 basketball court, sand volleyball court, and a great lawn.
Woodbury real estate trends
(zip codes 92618, 92620)
With 222 homes for sale in December 2020, inventory is down 19% from this time last year. Usually, Spring is the busy season on the real estate market but in Woodbury and the rest of Irvine, demand has remained strong with buying season predicted to begin right away in 2020.
For sale in Woodbury for $700-$800K
Offered at: $750,000
3 Beds | 2.5 Baths | 1,825 Sqft
92 Townsend, Irvine 92620
Located in the Treo enclave, this condo has great curb appeal and a spacious floorplan. With upgrades including recessed lighting, custom paint, and new floors, this home feels extra luxurious.
Homes for sale in Great Park
Irvine’s Great Park community is actually broken up into several Great Park Neighborhoods. Woven together with walking and biking paths, the homes are inspired by American traditional architecture. Each neighborhood centers around a park and has its own unique character with the same connection to community and emphasis on mixed-use space. There are still brand new neighborhoods being built so if you’re in search of new Irvine homes for sale, this is the place to start your search.
Things to do in Great Park:
- Spend a Sunday at the Great Park Farmer’s Market – Every week the Orange County Great Park hosts a farmer’s market with local produce, handcrafted artisan products and some seriously delicious food trucks. It may be small, but the choices are great.
- Catch a concert at the new FivePoint Amphitheater – Located next to the Great Park, this is now Orange County’s go-to concert venue. Performances this year include Chris Young, Foreigner, Halsey and Rascal Flatts. Set up as a temporary space after the Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre closed in 2016, the permanent outdoor venue is still in the works.
Great Park real estate trends
(zip code 92618)
Looking at the entire 92618 zip code which includes the Great Park neighborhoods, pending sales are up 93.8% year-over-year which indicates buyer demand is strong. With a total of 153 homes for sale in December 2019, inventory is expected to remain tight and move quickly in 2020.
For sale in Great Park for $700-$800K
Offered at: $799,888
3 Beds | 3.5 Baths | 1,939 Sqft
118 Acamar, Irvine 92618
This pristine townhome is a buyer’s dream with more than $65,000 in top quality upgrades throughout. The open kitchen has quartz counters, white Shaker cabinets, and GE appliances. Just a block from the award-winning Beacon Park School, this home is ready for you to move in ASAP.
Search More Irvine Homes for Sale
It’s so hard to identify the best Irvine neighborhoods to purchase in with a budget of $700,000 – $800,000 because all real estate within the city is highly coveted. No matter where you choose, Irvine real estate is a great investment.
If you have more questions about the local Irvine real estate market, reach out to a specialist in our First Team Irvine Office.