Click here to download the PDF.
FIRST TEAM’S WEEKLY MORTGAGE WATCH (July 23rd, 2017) THIS WEEK HIGHLIGHTS THE FOLLOWING UPDATES:
- Mortgage rates managed to find some room to slip back downward last week.
- With a light domestic economic calendar, markets looked overseas.
- Only a few weeks ago, the European Central Bank was making pronouncements about the potential of beginning to tighten its policy. With such limited inflationary pressures, the ECB changed its mind.
- Even with economic growth for years, inflation remains muted. This continues to give central banks plenty of time to ponder their next, major move.
- The Fed meets next week amid a busy week of economic data. We’ll get our first look at the 2nd quarter’s GDP, and it’s