Laguna Beach real estate is arguably the most beautiful along the Southern California coast. The unique beach community is home to gorgeous sandy beaches, canyons, coastal hills, and a thriving artists colony. If you’re visiting this amazing city, the best way to get around is the free coastal and downtown trolley running every weekend.
Whether you’re in search of a beach bungalow or glamorous Southern California mansion with ocean views, you’ll find it in Laguna Beach. Here’s a bit more about the most desirable homes for sale in Laguna Beach.
Top Laguna Beach Neighborhoods
- Emerald Bay – Emerald Bay is a private, gated oceanfront neighborhood featuring multi-million dollar estates with some of the best ocean views in all of Laguna Beach. Enjoying access to the private beach of Emerald Bay which is framed by rock cliffs that jet and hug the coastline, this close-knit community is highly coveted.
- North Laguna – Located just south of Newport Coast, North Laguna is made up of several gated neighborhoods including Emerald Bay, Irvine Cove, and Smithcliffs. Sought after because of their amazing views, North Laguna is the height of luxury living in the entire city.
- Three Arch Bay – Another oceanfront gated community is Three Arch Bay located in South Laguna. Laguna Beach real estate in this community is rare because residents tend to stay for much longer than other homeowners. Divided into two sections, Upper and Lower Three Arch Bay, these neighborhoods offer both oceanfront and ocean view homes for sale.
- Temple Hills – Perched above the heart of Laguna Village, Temple Hills homes have amazing panoramic ocean, white water, and sunset views. The community has a great mix of architectural styles including contemporary, Mediterranean, and so much more.
- South Laguna Village – Defined by small streets with quirky vintage and cottage-style homes with picket fences and gardens, South Laguna Village is oozing with charm. Filled with artists’ cottages and beach bungalows, it is a favorite among locals. Although it’s close to all of the downtown action, it is actually a very quiet community with less traffic and noise.
- The Village – If you want close proximity to the beach and all bustling downtown, The Village is the perfect place to search for Laguna Beach real estate. The community has one of the highest Walk Scores in the city, making this real estate highly valuable. With many ocean views and oceanfront properties for sale, this neighborhood provides an authentic Laguna Beach living experience.
Annual Events in Laguna Beach
Laguna Beach features events all year round including yoga on the beach, music and more. But the city is probably best known for its annual summer art events, perfectly encapsulating the unique culture and vibe of the beach town.
The Sawdust Festival is held every summer, roughly running for two months in July and August. Named for the sawdust that used to line the streets of the fairgrounds, the arts and crafts festival features dozens of local artists who live in Laguna Beach, live entertainment, art demonstrations, classes, and outdoor cafes set in the cool eucalyptus grovel. The grounds also plays host to a Winter Fantasy Festival during the holidays from mid-November through mid-December, the perfect place to pick out a unique and locally made gift for your loved ones.
Festival of Arts – Pageant of the Masters
Perhaps the most unique art shows in the world, Pageant of the Masters brings painting to life. Held in an outdoor amphitheater with a full orchestra and elaborates sets, artists recreate classical and contemporary works of art by posing and painting real people to look exactly like their counterparts in the original pieces.
The Pageant of the Masters is a part of the larger Festival of Arts every summer which also includes a traditional fine arts show, art workshops for all ages, art talks, special events and live music. Running through the end of August, there’s always something to see and do in Laguna Beach.
Tucked away in Laguna Canyon, the Art-A-Fair is another opportunity to experience the unique art created in this gorgeous locale. Originally presenting with artists from the Sawdust Festival, the Laguna Art-A-Fair branched off with their own festival and grounds, featuring over a hundred local artists from all over Southern California.
Stroll through the peaceful garden setting to view oil paintings, jewelry, sculpture, glass, wood, photography and so much more. The colorful grounds are a piece of art themselves and the festival runs through the months of July and August as well.
First Thursday Art-Walk
All year round you can experience the art of Laguna Beach through the first Thursday Art-Walks. From 6-9PM every first Thursday of the month visitors enjoy free admission to the Laguna Art Museum, free shuttle service that runs to several of the participating 40 galleries, live music, art demonstrations and more.