Tired of renting and considering buying?
This program makes it easier for California renters to buy a home (with as little as 3% down, and it can be gift funds from a relative!) 😲
Click below to see terms/details.
*Borrowers should have a minimum credit score of 580 to qualify
*If you are a veteran you may qualify for additional financing!
This Week Highlights the Following Updates:
- “The recession is coming!” proclaimed some technical analysts as the yield curve on the 10-Year Treasury slipped negative. Yes, we will have another recession, we always will, but the predictive value of this event is weak at best.
- However, last week did see mortgage rates moving down after the Federal Reserve meeting and more economically uncertain news from Europe.
- The Fed’s dot plots and expectations for increases in the Fed Funds rates were stepped down. Many analysts think we might only have one more rate increase this year, if any. The Brexit drama and economic news from Germany pressed treasuries even lower on Friday.
- The big question that is likely to dominate economic discussions for a while is whether a strong US economy can buoy the rest of the world.
- With markets moods souring and turning pessimistic, we could see rates move lower again this week. That would be even more likely if economic data, especially GDP and Consumer Confidence, fail to hit expectations. More international economic drama is also likely to press rates downward.
Remodeling? Consider These Upgrades
Realtor.com analyzed over one million home sales to figure out which remodel upgrades helped a house to sell faster. 2017 saw more money being spent on remodeling, $12,361 on average, than any year since 2006. If you’re considering a remodel project, these are the projects that helped sell houses faster: gourmet kitchens, theater rooms, home gyms, three-car garages, solar panels, quartz counters, exterior lighting, tennis courts, and home offices.