Click here to download the PDF.
FIRST TEAM’S WEEKLY MORTGAGE WATCH (June 18th, 2017) THIS WEEK HIGHLIGHTS THE FOLLOWING UPDATES:
- Even with a Fed rate hike last week, mortgage rates barely budged.
- The Fed did announce plans to begin reducing its massive balance sheet, at some point later in the year. The plan is very gradual and should help the market slowly adjust to a less accommodative policy.
- Overall, the economy seems to continue to remain in the same slow recovery mode that we’ve all grown accustomed too. As the 2nd quarter’s data trickles in, it appears we won’t have any large increase in overall economic activity.
- Industrial Production flat-lined, with manufacturing pulling back.
- Once again, inflationary pressures